Software Engineering, Quantitative Research and Data Analyst Internships : Summer 2017
OxFORD Asset Management is seeking outstanding individuals to join our Summer 2017 internship programme. If you enjoy working collaboratively within a highly experienced team, then we would like to hear from you. We tackle real-world problems and get to the root of high-level challenges. We keep an open mind and focus on clear thinking that leads to elegant solutions. We promote a culture of innovation, craftsmanship, improvement and refinement.
As an OxFORD intern, you’ll join internal seminars, presentations and events. You will work with our analysts and researchers in tackling problems in areas such as data engineering, visualisation, and exploring relationships between a variety of data sources and financial instruments. If suitable, your work may be passed onto our live systems, where you can see your work in action. Many of our interns later join us in a full time position. We welcome applications from undergraduates, graduates and doctoral students and pay a competitive salary.
You will have experience in some of the following areas: Programming, Linux, Python, Scripting, Statistical Analysis and C/C++.
Application deadline January 31 2017 and with all candidates receiving a decision by March 31 2017.
Systems Infrastructure Internships and Placements
OxFORD Asset Management operates a large scale infrastructure across multiple international sites. Our experienced and collaborative team tackles a wide range of technologically challenging problems to support our global trading infrastructure and scientific computing requirements. Our focus is on scalable, robust and well-thought-out engineering solutions. This is your chance to see how a multi-billion dollar quantitative trading firm operates.
We’re looking for enthusiastic, reliable and bright computer science students to fulfil challenging technical roles within a friendly and dedicated team. The roles include:
1 Year Industrial Placement
- Work closely with other members of our experienced engineering team to expand and deploy new infrastructure, solve operational issues and communicate new requirements.
- Intelligently monitor and maintain systems to ensure 24/7 uptime by understanding the technology involved and how all systems fit together.
- Know if systems are working optimally and be able to diagnose faults and address them, working with vendors and other internal teams.
- Maintain software builds, configuration and packaging.
- Manage day-to-day resources (capacity planning, user and ACL changes, user-requested resource creation etc).
Work on small scale well-defined project, which is directly relevant to the infrastructure team.
- Work together with and learn from an experienced team of systems and network engineers
- Gain an insight into how financial companies design their infrastructure
Work Experience Placement
Work on a small scale well-defined project, which is directly relevant to the infrastructure team.
- Research and present on exciting new technologies that are available for potential use by the infrastructure team.
You will have experience in some of the following areas: Linux, Cisco Nexus Switching, Network protocols, Petabyte storage systems, Python, HPC and Software Builds.