Storage and Linux Infrastructure Engineer
OxFORD Asset Management operates a large-scale infrastructure across multiple international sites. Our experienced and collaborative team tackles a wide range of technologically challenging problems to support our global trading infrastructure and scientific computing requirements. Our focus is on scalable, robust and well-thought-out engineering solutions. We’re looking for enthusiastic, reliable and bright candidates with a computer science/engineering background to fulfil challenging technical roles within a friendly and dedicated team. The critical nature of this infrastructure will require you to work both quickly and carefully, and be available to provide out of hours support as part of a team.
- Excellent Enterprise Storage knowledge – NetAPP, Dell (EMC/Isilon)
- Good Linux knowledge – Familiar with multiple distributions, system installation and administration, services and user management, proficient at the command line
- Scripting/Automation – Python, Bash
- Storage and Backup solution architecture
- Devops – Ansible for configuration management
- HPC – We run a powerful compute cluster with high performance network interconnects
- PostgreSQL for databases
- Web infrastructure for data analytics and visualization
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Good time management across a wide range of tasks
- A proactive attitude and willingness to learn
- Advanced programming/scripting
- Performance issue diagnosis
As an engineer within the infrastructure team. You will:
- Apply your expertise in some of the technologies listed above to architect and build scalable, robust, and secure systems to support trading operations.
- Drive the deployment of infrastructure using configuration management tools.
- Know if systems are working optimally and be able to diagnose faults and address them, working with vendors and other internal teams.
Life at OxFORD Asset Management
We work in the centre of Oxford in flagship redeveloped offices. We have bespoke facilities supported by state-of-the-art communications and technology systems. The space is designed to foster an interactive working environment between teams. We enjoy socialising and we come to work in jeans.
We offer a challenging yet highly rewarding career path. You will receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package alongside a competitive salary and discretionary performance related bonus.
We want to hear from you if you would like to be part of an exceptional team, are ambitious and would relish the challenge. We offer excellent compensation and benefits, and are a collaborative, open and friendly team.
To apply, please email your cv and optionally a cover letter to email@example.com.
No agencies please